Tuesday, January 10, 2012

New Guitar Day



I bought a 2009 Gibson Hummingbird acoustic today. I have been looking for another Gibson for a while now, checking Craigslist here and in this part of the state. Yesterday this one appears and the seller is only 5 miles away. It took me three years to sell the piano and within two weeks, the 'Bird shows up. I'd been joking that there was a guitar hidden in that piano. Well, there was and here it is.


I was considering other Gibson models, the Dove and the Songwriter. But what I wanted most was the HB.


The Humming bird is a an icon in the acoustic guitar world. When I was a budding guitar player, I had a chance to play one of these and have wanted one ever since. This was in 1974. I never forgot that tone.


While it is used, I expect she'll sound even better after she's been played up over the next few years.



No comments:

Post a Comment