Wednesday, August 31, 2011

wednesday evening

Today was the heart stress test. I passed. Very strenuous. Got introduced to a new (new to me) scanner. This one, like the PET, requires a radioactive material to be injected and the then image is created by the protons flying from my body.

I worry sometimes, maybe countless X-Rays, 25 CT's 13 MRI's, 2 PET's and today's heart monitor, itself is dangerous.

Tomorrow is interview with the anesthesiology team. Right at the top of morning rush hour. Someone said something about blood tests, too.

Friday is still surgery day. I'll be in the hospital about 5 days they tell me.

I'm watching Jean-Luc Goddard's Alphaville, released in 1965. Seems to be an existential film set on another planet (sci fi angle) with a liberal dose of "film noir." Oh and in French with English subtitles. The cinematography alone is worth price of admission. I found it on Nexflix instant view.

wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphaville

No comments:

Post a Comment