Friday, August 12, 2011

illness

I've been sick with a lung infection for almost three weeks. I've been on antibiotics for two weeks. My doctor, on my second visit, had an X-ray done of my lungs.  A couple of days later their office called saying that in comparing my recent X-ray with one from last December, something was "different." They scheduled a CT scan which was done today. This, being Friday, means I'll have to wait until Monday to get the results. Groan. I hate waiting for news.

Otherwise I don't feel to badly. My last CT was about five months ago and everything was fine. I am hoping that nothing is seriously wrong.

Finally figures out how to record multiple tracks in Audacity. Interest problem was the delay created by the usb microphone. With some testing I found the delay was about -200 milliseconds and made the adjustment to match the time between the playback through the headphones and the new track being played and recorded. Thus I can make mistakes and edit or re-record the separate tracks. Fun, fun.




Planning on getting my mando chops down and playing bass, and even when it fits, add multiple guitar parts and the 12 string, as well. Should be fun.

Also delighted with the slight cooling in the weather. Otherwise I'm just saving my energy for healing and trying hard not to think about cancer.

No comments:

Post a Comment