Monday, June 4, 2012

what day is it?

I'm still so forgetful. One day just bleeds into the next.  The weather dictates my day more than the calendar. It's OK, just different.


I spend a good deal of time reading world news and politics. My latest interest is what motivates voters to think the way they do. I've been looking into this for a while reading from various disciplines.


The Hight theory on intelligence: For every point you are above 100 on the IQ test, there is someone who is that many points below. And honestly a score of 100 (which you may know is average) is pretty damn low. The ability to perform abstract thought is highly correlated with intelligence.


Hoping to hear soon about my application to have my college loans nullified. I certainly qualify. My goal is to cut any spending I can. Finally feel well enough to do my own house cleaning and that is saving money. Cutting back on smoking will reduce my outlay.


Trying to quit smoking. Chewing nicotine gum. 5 days so far with only two slips. I would be happy just to smoke less, a lot less. When I quit smoking cigarettes (1985) I thought that I might even be allergic to tobacco.


Russell and I walk everyday. We are up to 1.5 miles. We also play catch in the backyard 2-3 times a day. I found one of those rubber balls that lights up when bounced and Russell loved it. Not like Lewis did when I found him one. He thought it was the great thing ever!


I bought a second ball for the new puppy. Driving down to Clover, SC (about an hour away) to look at puppies on Saturday. The mother of the puppies is also available. Guess I'll decide then which. Advantages to both. Very excited. Very.


Saturday evening is the Gov't Mule/Dr. John show!



No comments:

Post a Comment