Wednesday, June 13, 2012

more Katie

We're having so much fun. Puppies love to play and insist that everyone join in.  Katie is a bundle of energy. Run, run, run, sleep. She is fitting in and our pack is growing. I can see the signs of attachment starting and even Russell is enjoying Katie's antics.  She goes in her crate without much protest.  I'm looking for our routine to begin to develop but I think it is early because every morning a new puppy wakes up, having grown, adjusted, and anxious to learn. After 2 days of rain, we have several days of cool and sunshine ahead. Puppy exhaustion can occur outside with much running and no worries about toilet matters. Even with that, we're having a pretty easy time of it. My secret, take puppy out upon waking, after eating, before going back in the crate and whenever another hour has passed

I wasn't as involved with Russell's training, being all busy trying not to die from the cancer and it's treatments. He's still requires "adjustments" to his behavior, most likely due to my inattention. We won't see that this time. 


Russell is teaching Katie is fine art of Corgi play fighting. Skye and Lewis played this game endlessly and for years.  It is one reason I like to have two Corgis, so they can play together.

Quitting smoking is a pain in the ass. Mostly because I love to smoke. But I don't like feeling ill and I do when I smoke. Nicotine gum helps but the withdrawal is the same. I'll schedule a detox starting today. Oh well, into every life a little rain must fall and all that.

June 11 (Monday) was Skye's birthday. I had my first date with Harriet the day she was born (Skye, not Harriet). She was a good dog.

Well Katie is ready to get up. My break is over.


No comments:

Post a Comment