Sunday, July 1, 2012

it's too damn hot


Wow, it's Sunday already. I made double Chocolate muffins for breakfast. What am I going to do with 10 that are left?


I was very excited to see the Health Care bill get passed the Supreme Court. Renewed my faith in our species,but only temporarily I'm sure.

I think we may have seen the best years of this country. The number of things that would have to change to prevent this is mind-boggling. We're on a downward spiral. The Corporations right their own laws and a sympathetic pro-business (meaning paid off) Congress will cause the raping of the environment will ramp up even faster. Tipping points will cascading and unforeseen events (which are often called disasters) while the planet begins to become inhospitable for many species, including humans.

We're looking at another 100+ degree day today.

Katie pics

Katie is doing well. Still likes to bite but I think she's figuring it out that I don't like it. Besides she can bite Russell all day, he doesn't care. They love to play and fight over toys. They will chew on the same stick in the yard, which is in no way is bereft of sticks. It is a pleasant change from the routine by having a puppy.

Reading
The System of the World. final novel in the Baroque Cycle. (only 500 pages left)
Frank Zappa a biography
bunch of magazines
Reddit (too much)

next
The Kent State Massacre (J.A. Mitchener)
Readme (Neil Stephenson)
The Pale King (David Foster Wallace)

No comments:

Post a Comment