Thursday, June 17, 2010

photography and guitars

I've been shooting bands and people for about 5 years starting with a Fuji S2, then a Nikon D200 and now a Nikon D300. I've paired down my lens to a few favorites, a Tokina 11-18mm, a Sigma 24-70, a Nikon 70-200 VR and 2 fixed length, Nikon 50mm and an 85 mm (all 2.8 or lower). At least now I can fit them all in one bag, one heavy bag, lol.

On my photosite I have posted 9772 images, each one run through Photoshop.

http://jambandfan.smugmug.com/


Guitars

Since I am not shooting bands as often as I was, due to health reasons, I have retuned to playing the guitar, bass and singing. I have added to my stable of instruments, 3 alvarez yairis and Yamaha and a hofner "beatle" bass, two amplifiers and 3 sound pedals.





The 1986 I bought new in 1987. I liked it so much I bought a second as a backup.








DY-67 (1986 & 1989) and Russell









I was looking for a new guitar when my friend Marcus placed this baby (Yamaha LLX26C) in my hands. Way more expensive than I intended to buy, but we found a price that I couldn't pass up. electric/acoustic.




























Everyone needs a 12 string too.

1998 Yairi WY-1- 12 (Bob Weir model) acoustic/electric.






2009 Hofner Bass


A Roland AC-90 Acoustic guitar amp and a Roland Bass 30 amp.


Pedals

DigiTech Jamman (looper)
TC Helicon Harmony GT-X (vocals and harmony effects)
Zoom A2 (acoustic guitar effects)


I'll be writing more about each of the pedals in subsequent blogs
So welcome to my photography and music blog. Looks like I have a few minutes to play before heading off to see my Neurologist. Check back in soon.
Chris
aka lord_nikon


No comments:

Post a Comment