Sunday, June 20, 2010

All packed for the trip

All packed for my sightseeing trip to Washington DC. I've been to DC several times (1992, 1993, 1994, and 1995) in late June to see the Grateful Dead at RFK Stadium. Nice of them to play my birthday so many times. This will be my first trip in 5 years that doesn't end at a music festival. My last was to New York City with Harriet, my 4th wife. But on these 1990's trips to DC were not see the museums and galleries. I went in 1988 for a professional conference and took a little time to see the sites.

This trip is only for seeing the museums and galleries. My ex-wife (#1) and I went in 1980, staying in dorm room at George Washington University with my brother who was interning at the National Archives. So, here we are, going again together 30 years later.

We are staying at the Hilton Washington Embassy Row at DuPont Circle. Lots of restaurants.

We have a pass to see Congress but couldn't get one for the White House. Other sites are planned; the Smithsonian and Air and Space, the National Gallery of Art and East Wing, the National History Museum, The National Archives, the Phillips Collection, the National Geographic Society, and the International Spy Museum. Somehow I doubt we get to everything in 4 days, lol.

Once I get back, there will a trip report and lots of pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment