Thursday, September 29, 2011

Tx plan for stage 2 lung cancer

Hi Dear Readers,

I just got home from my Oncologist's office (Dr. K.). He is recommending a post-surgical treatment plan of both chemotherapy and radiation. Ouch. Four courses of chemo over a 3 month period, each three weeks apart. Dr. says I will feel fatigued. That'll be novel, lol. A month rest and then radiation 5 times a week for 5-6 weeks.

Had visitors over the weekend. My mother (who was a perfect angel) and two friends of her's from Asheville came on Saturday. On Sunday Joel Roberts came to visit. Joel and I went to high school together. It was nice to be social.

Looks like 6 months of treatment. Damn, damn, damn. This is really getting old! So new plan is 6 months of treatment and 6 months of getting back into shape: eating, meditating, excercise, playing guitar and find the new life that is out there waiting for me. The Undiscovered Country.

Oh yea, going to lose the hair again.

I am happy to see so many people dropping by to check on my health.  I would love to write each of you but even I don't have that much time! My email address is posted here and would love a note.

Off to rest. See ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment